Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is definitely influenced by the class of duty of the crane which should be determined and specified. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal gear units type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear devices type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while purchasing the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating desk, find in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm check the gear box rating horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected such that the rated HP is equal or more than the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in class II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP is definitely 9, the machine HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric electric motor for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for insight rpm of 960 in course IV duty the rated HP is 3
If you wish to recognize more concerning crane duty helical gearbox call us via the get in touch with info on our website.